Align Left is the new Auckland-based design studio of Nathan Walker (that’s me). For the past six years I’ve worked as a freelance designer and front-end developer. My work is primarily focused on UX/UI, web and graphic design, also encompassing illustration, branding, packaging and editorial design.
I’m interested in design as a way of thinking, a driver of meaningful change and a method of creating visual systems. I work to meet the high-level strategic goals of a project, but I’m also not afraid to sweat the details. Among other things, I’m especially into typography (just ask anyone who’s ever met me).
I’m currently in my final year of the Bachelor of Design at Auckland University of Technology, majoring in Communication Design (UX/UI specialisation), and minoring in Design Thinking alongside a design + development internship at Cactuslab. In 2017 I spent a semester studying Graphic Design at Champlain College in Vermont, USA.
Me by Stirling Adams
- Shift SOTD on Typewolf
- Shift on Minimal Gallery
- Shift on klikkenthéke
- Shift on CSSDSGN
- Shift on The Gallery
- Variable Futures in the Best Awards
- Variable Futures on UI Jar
- Variable Futures on The Gallery
- Variable Futures on klikkenthéke
- Align Left on The Gallery
- Align Left on klikkenthéke
- Align Left on Bestfolios
- DINZ Student Council, 2018
- Klim Type Foundry, Fonts in Use
- Speaker at Helix Symposium, 2015
- Pat Hanly Student Art Award, 2015
Work + play
Additional work, offcuts and straight-up rejects from the studio floor.