Align Left is the design and development output of Nathan Walker (that’s me). For the past six years I’ve worked as a freelance designer and front-end developer. My work is primarily focused on UX/UI, web and graphic design, also encompassing illustration, branding, packaging and editorial design.
I graduated from Auckland University of Technology in 2018 with a Bachelor of Design, majoring in Communication Design (UX/UI specialisation), and minoring in Design Thinking. In 2017 I spent a semester studying Graphic Design at Champlain College in Vermont, USA. I’m currently a designer and front-end developer at Cactuslab, occasionally taking on compelling freelance projects.
I’m interested in design as a way of thinking, a driver of meaningful change and a method of creating visual systems. I work to meet the high-level strategic goals of a project, but I’m also not afraid to sweat the details. Among other things, I’m especially into typography (just ask anyone who’s ever met me).
Me by Stirling Adams
- 2x Best Awards Gold for Variable Futures
- Shift SOTD on Typewolf
- Shift on Minimal Gallery
- Shift on klikkenthéke
- Shift on CSSDSGN
- Shift on The Gallery
- Variable Futures on UI Jar
- Variable Futures on The Gallery
- Variable Futures on klikkenthéke
- Align Left on The Gallery
- Align Left on klikkenthéke
- Align Left on Bestfolios
- DINZ Student Council, 2018
- Klim Type Foundry, Fonts in Use
- Speaker at Helix Symposium, 2015
- Pat Hanly Student Art Award, 2015
Work + play
Additional work, offcuts and straight-up rejects from the studio floor.